Longridge: 01772 783 314 | Garstang: 01995 602 129 | Lancaster: 01524 581 306 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

Posts tagged “Preston Law”

When you’re buying your first property, you may not consider all the expenses that come with it. We don’t blame you – it’s easy to not realise what everything will cost. So, to help you out, our team of property solicitors Lancaster have put together a list of things you need to remember. If you’re prone to forgetting, why not print it out for future reference? 
As is the case with many young people, having their ears pierced is an exciting step; until they feel the pain for hours later, that is. What they fail to recognise, amidst the excitement, is what safety precautions should be taken when having a procedure, such as a body piercing, carried out. 
To become a body piercer, the relevant training course should be undertaken. Practitioners are then required to apply with the local city council for a licence to be registered, and will then be subject to various inspections to ensure all is in order. 
It can be confusing: is my car use just social, or is it commuting, or do I need to include business use? 
Well, MG Legal’s expert team of Personal Injury solicitors in Longridge have pooled their knowledge, to make sure that you choose the right classification, so that you don’t get caught out if you try and make a claim. 
Let’s start with the single class: social use. This is more commonly known as social, domestic and pleasure, and covers you for general day-to-day driving, such as shopping, visiting family (or maybe not, if you try and avoid this wherever possible!), and going to visit your team of Personal Injury solicitors in Longridge (or Garstang, or Lancaster – whichever office is most convenient for you). 
The dreaded c-word: Car Tax. We pay it every year, without really questioning what it’s used for, or what we’re paying. But, it could catch more people’s attention in the coming year, as it’s due to increase. Your solicitors in Lancaster have put together as much information as possible about the changes. 
Currently, it’s on a tiered system (which you can find, here), depending on how much CO2 a car produces, however under the new rules, cars are split into two groups, depending on their registration date – those registered before 31st March 2017, and those registered afterwards. 
What is contributory negligence? 
Essentially, when this term is thrown into the mix within a claim for personal injury, one party (the Defendant, usually) is suggesting the blame be split between the parties, and that there is fault on both sides. The split can be 50/50, however, can vary dependant on a number of factors which can differ case by case. 
For example, Party A crashes into the back of Party B’s vehicle, however, both parties are under the influence of alcohol at the time. Party B makes a claim for personal injury as a result of the incident, and Party A claims contributory negligence on the basis that Party B was under the influence at the time, making both parties at fault for the incident. Subsequently, the action the Claimant has brought is affected in terms of the damages awarded. 
The term, in essence, is suggesting that the injured party is considered to be partly to blame for the incident, loss and the injuries sustained. The Defendant proposes a split in liability, often, in defence of the claim being made against them. If agreed, this will, subsequently, affects the damages awarded. 
If you are bringing about a claim, and the same is put forward, our accident injury solicitors will be able to advise you accordingly as to whether the same is reasonable or not. Each case is different and the same would be assessed on the facts of the case, together with the prospects of success if the same were to be rejected. 
If you have a good relationship with your parents, you might hope that they would leave you an equal share of their estate. However, for some, this isn’t a reality and, for whatever reason, they get left either a higher share or a lower share of their parent’s estate. 
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured whilst cycling as a result of someone else’s negligence, you could be eligible to claim compensation. MG Legal, Solicitors in Lancaster and Preston, Lancashire, have vast experience in helping cyclists who have been injured in cycling accidents; and have a success rate in excess of 99%, even if at first, you don’t know who was to blame. Leave it to us: our team of local personal injury solicitors can help you to obtain compensation, rehabilitation, and get you back on your feet (or bike), in no time! 
In the UK, children generally have to use a child car seat until they are either 135cm tall, or 12 years old (whichever event occurs first). After this, like ALL other adults, they must wear a seat belt. 
There are generally two types of seats you may look for: height-based seats, and weight-based seats. 
1. Identify Witnesses – Personal Injury Solicitors know it can be difficult but getting the contact details of any witnesses is a top priority. If you are able to, then you really should try to take the names, addresses and phone numbers of all potential witnesses. Keep a copy for yourself and a copy for your Solicitor. 
2. Gather Evidence – we’re certainly not asking you to don your white suit and start prodding the ground with a stick, but taking photos or videos of any injuries or damage can be incredibly helpful later down the line. Remember, the incident scene may not be the same the next day, and so gather as much evidence as you can, as soon as you have been injured. 
3. Report your accident – sounds obvious doesn’t it?! You would be surprised how many people fail to report accidents but get yourself on the phone to the Police, Local Authority and don’t forget your Insurance Company (in the case of a road traffic accident). Remember if you don’t report you may be denied the opportunity to claim compensation! 
4. Seek Legal Advice – appoint a reputable, professional Solicitor to guide you through the process of making a personal injury claim as soon as possible. 
5. Seek immediate medical attention – ensure you visit your doctor or A & E if your injuries require it. Your personal injury solicitor will ensure that the notes from A&E/GP are obtained prior to a medical report being prepared, explaining the injuries you have suffered. 
6. Keep a written diary – as events unfold be sure to keep a diary. You may experience new challenges within your daily life both physical and mental. Mowing the lawn or bathing may seem either impossible, post incident, or at the very least, a lot more difficult. It is also useful to keep a list, alongside any receipts, of costs which have been incurred as a result of your injury (such as parking tickets for hospital appointments or modifications which have been carried out around the home). A diary such as this could be very useful should your claim go to Court. 
Whether it be to see your General Practitioner, or a date for a surgical procedure, we all know that waiting for an appointment to resolve a medical issue can be a frustrating and, in some cases, a timely process. 
When contacting a medical professional, in many cases, it is not good news as we require assistance in restoring our health and getting better when we are ill. Medical attention is, therefore, usually required quickly, not only to ensure matters are resolved and we are back fighting fit, but also to ensure that any symptoms or conditions do not worsen and, subsequently, cause bigger issues. 
This, however, could be set to cause problems, with the Public Spending Watchdog warning that increases in such waiting times could lead to a rise in medical negligence claims. In a recent report, published in March 2019, the National Audit Office reported that approximately 40% of negligence claims are related to failures or delays in diagnosis or treatment. 


Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings