NO WIN NO FEE Nationwide Claims |.Most Claims Handled Online | 99% Success Rate On Claims 
Call Any Branch : Longridge: 01772 783314 | Garstang: 01995 602129 | Lancaster: 01524 581306  
Apply Online | Enquire via Email: 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

What if I do not want to sell a property to pay inheritance tax? 

If you have inherited a property under a person’s Will or the Rules of Intestacy, you may not want to sell it to pay the inheritance tax; instead, you may be hoping to move into the property. 
If this is the case, you have a few options. 
1) You can make payment of the inheritance tax from your own funds. You would not be entitled to claim this payment back from the estate if you intend to keep the property instead. 
2) Another option offered by HM Revenue and Customs is paying 10% of the Inheritance Tax due, as well as any interest payable, every year, until the full balance is paid. 
If you are unable to pay using either of these options, you may wish to contact our team of Wills, Trusts, Tax and Probate Solicitors to discuss other options available to you. 

Get in touch and talk to a wills and trusts expert today. 

MG Legal's expert private client solicitors are experienced in dealing with all aspects of wills, trusts, lasting powers of administration, probate matters and estate administration.  
With a no-nonsense, hassle-free approach, our friendly team are experienced in drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Deputyship Applications, as well as in dealing with the administration of estates and obtaining Grants of Probate. 
In an increasingly impersonal market, MG Legal's friendly, expert team provide sound legal advice and all at an affordable fixed cost. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings