Longridge: 01772 783314 Garstang: 01995 602129 Lancaster: 01524 581306 Lytham: 01253 202452  
A child holding one hand of either parent.
Thinking of applying to the Court for contact with your child, but not quite sure which sort of contact you want to apply for? Or maybe the Court has already granted you contact, but you are unsure as the what the form of contact means? Do not worry; read on below for an explanation of the different types of contact you may be granted and what they mean…. 
Fixed-fee Family Law Solicitors in Lancaster
MG Legal's leading Family Law Solicitors in Lancaster offer all of our family law services on a clear, fixed-fee rate. 
Our team put your first, and work with care to ensure the best outcome for you and your family. Call us today on a free, no-obligation basis at: 01772 783314 
Get in touch today to speak to a Family Law Solicitors in Lancaster

Can I Get Direct Contact? 

Direct Contact refers to the face to face contact between a parent/grandparent and the child.  
Depending on the circumstances of the case, the child may be able to visit you at your home and stay overnight or for an agreed amount of time. Those that have approved direct contact are, with the agreement of the other parent, allowed to take the child on holidays and breaks. The conditions of the contact must be stuck to, for example if a Court Order has been approved allowing your to have over night contact with the child from Saturday to Sunday, you must return your child the care of the parent with residence responsible at an agreed time; if you do not, and fail to comply with the agreed terms, then the case can be taken back to Court. Direct Contact can either be supervised or unsupervised depending on the situation and circumstances of the case. If you have any questions, regarding Direct Contact with your children, please feel free to contact our solicitors in Lancaster for an initial consultation, before we help you move forward. 

Indirect Contact Meaning: 

What is indirect contact? Indirect Contact refers to contact where you are unable to see the child. If you have been granted indirect contact only, you are not allowed to visit with the child face to face and may only communicate with the child through letters, calls, texts etc. If you have been granted one-way Indirect Contact then the child in question does not have to reply to letter or calls, however if you have been granted two way indirect contact that the child should be made available for calls. Indirect Contact is normally used when the parent has been absence from the child life and is used to re-introduce the relationship. You are not permitted to attend the child’s residence or have face-to-face contact with the child. Any questions or queries? Contact our Lancaster solicitors on 01524 581306 to discuss Indirect Contact
Why choose MG Legal's family solicitors in Lancaster: 

Fixed-Fee Guarantee. 

We are the experts. 

Multiple Office Locations. 

Give us a call at any time. 

What is Supervised Contact? 

If the Court orders Supervised Contact, then contact may take place between a parent and their child, as the name suggests, with supervision only. This is normally used when concerns have been raised by the other parent, or when parent has been absence from the child’s life. As you can see, the priority here, is the children, at all times. Contact can either take place in a contact centre, or under the supervision of an agreed third party, such as family members, or mutual friends. Our team of family solicitors in Lancaster will attend court in order that you have the best, local, legal representation, and that your voice may be heard. The Court will set our set times and dates for contact to take place, supervised contact can be reviewed later, and if all parties are happy can be progressed to Un-Supervised contact. 

What is Interim Contact? 

Interim Contact is usually granted by the Court whilst proceedings take place, it allows the parent and child to maintain a relationship whilst decisions are made on how contact should take place in the future. Interim Contact can either be direct, indirect, supervised or unsupervised. 
For further information why not contact MG Legal, your Local Family Solicitors on 01524 581306 to arrange an appointment to discuss your matter further. 
Expert legal services across England and Wales: 
No matter where you are located across England and Wales, MG Legal's expert Family Law solicitors in Lancaster are here to help you to achieve the best possible outcome in your family law matter. 
To speak to a solicitor today, contact us online here. Or give us a call on 01772 783314 
Free Consultation 
Nationwide Services 
Decades of Experience 
No Win No Fee Injury Claims 
Multiple Office Locations 
Fully-Qualified Solicitors 
MG Legal - Your Local Solicitors 
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 


Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings