Solicitors in Lancaster discuss why people sell their house
Posted on 20th March 2019 at 09:54
So, you’ve managed to get on the property ladder after years and years of skimping and saving. You moved into your new house and it’s perfect… or so you think. Maybe the things you thought you could live with just become unliveable. Don’t worry. We’ve all been there!
1. The House is too small and it’s time for an upgrade: maybe your family is expanding and you need more room. Most first-time buyers (see our blog on relief for first time buyers here) won’t purchase their ‘forever home’ immediately. A common thing is for people to get onto the property ladder, and then upgrade as their family (or sometimes just their belongings!) expands. According to research commissioned by Origin in 2017, the average Brit will live in seven different houses in their lifetimes, 09851so don’t feel like you’re abnormal for just not loving your first home!
2. You Made a Mistake: When you buy a property, it can be easy to overlook the little things; a small front garden or a noisy railway just down the road. So, when these get just too much to bear, you may decide its time for a change of scenery.
3. Retiring: Now-a-days, there are more and more retirement villages appearing around the UK, with many allowing either part-exchange deals or full purchases. For some over-55s, this may be their dream, and they sell up and move in to live near other individuals whose circumstances may be similar to their own, but in their own space.
4. Getting Married or changing a relationship: If you’ve purchased a property with your partner or husband, and you decide its time to part ways, you will probably end up selling your property and moving forward with your lives separately. Now, this isn’t always the case, so if you need some advice on how to move forward with your life, give our Solicitors in Lancaster a call on 01524 581 306 or email email@example.com.
5. A new job: Sometimes it’s a blessing and it’s a chance to finally get out of the area you feel like you’ve been in your whole life, and other times it’s a nostalgic move but, whatever the circumstances, you’re selling up and moving on.
6. A fixer-upper: A common occurrence in the 21st Century is people purchasing a property to do up, and then selling it after for (hopefully) a profit.
So, solicitors in Lancaster’s list is not exhaustive. There are countless reasons why you might decide to sell up and move house. But, whatever your reasons, MG Legal are here to help you through the process. Our Solicitors in Lancaster are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm, with out of hours appointments available by request. Our team can be contacted on 01524 581 306, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you’re more of a face-to-face person, pop into our offices located adjacent to the town hall at 20 Brock Street, Lancaster.
MG Legal – Your Local Solicitors
Tagged as: Conveyancing Solicitors Preston, Garstang, Lancashire Solicitors, Longridge, MG Legal, Your Local Solicitors
Share this post: