How do I sell my house?
Posted on 4th February 2018
At MG Legal, your local property solicitors Preston, we are here to help you through every step of the way in selling your home. Firstly, before you require the services of our Preston solicitors, you need to have accepted an offer from a prospective buyer.
Our expert Conveyancing team have over 30 years' experience in dealing with Residential and Commercial property matters, and have compiled a list of their top 5 tips for selling your home ...
1. ‘Kerb Appeal’ – Your property should have, what we call, Kerb Appeal. This essentially looks at the property from the outset, prospective buyers should be attracted to the property before they even step inside. We suggest a fresh lick of paint, a tidy garden and a healthy flower arrangement would do the job.
2. Smell – Smell is very important; it can appeal to buyers in the same way it can put them off! Perhaps some freshly baked bread, fresh coffee or fresh flowers would provide buyers with the inviting smell and aroma to create the perfect viewing experience.
3. De-Clutter – We suggest that, as well as ensuring the property is neat and tidy, de-cluttering is vital. This will, in effect, provide prospective buyers with a blank canvas and show them the potential the property has for them to put their own spin and personal touch on.
4. Re-Vamp – By giving the property a slight re-vamp, and displaying certain items, you can show potential buyers that they are not only buying the property, but they are buying into a lifestyle, which can be very appealing. For example, you may wish to re-vamp your garden area with a perfectly arranged barbeque and seating area which can be used to entertain guests, showing buyers that the property would be great for hosting.
5. Light and Airy – Ensuring the property feels light and airy is important. Buyers are more likely to be drawn to light, open spaces as opposed to dark and dull areas. You can achieve this by putting up mirrors to create the illusion of more space, as well as refreshing light bulbs to ensure they are bright and fill the rooms with light making them inviting for potential buyers.
If you follow the above steps, we have no doubt that you will not have any issues in selling your home.
Tagged as: Conveyancing Solicitors Preston, MG Legal, Preston Property Law, Property Advice, Purchase, Solicitor Advice, Solicitors Lancaster, Solicitors Preston, Your Local Solicitors
Share this post: