Are there any Hidden Extras with my Conveyancing Quote?
Posted on 13th January 2020
At MG Legal, we provide fixed-fee, honest quotes and pride ourselves on the fact that we, unlike many others, do not add on any hidden fees to our quotes.
As your trusted legal representatives, we are up front from the outset, not just as to fees but also in connection with the process as a whole and time-scales, as examples. We understand that Completion, in our client’s eyes, would ideally take place ‘yesterday’, however, by being honest from the word go, our team of solicitors in Preston effectively manage expectations so that all parties are appraised and in the loop at all times.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government, in 2019, pledged to improve the conveyancing process of buying and selling property. In doing so, a government backed checklist has been formulated in order to assist prospective clients in choosing the right conveyancer for them.
The guide provides for a number of items and can be accessed at, here.
In addition, MG Legal do, in fact, have their own conveyancing guide, which is provided to all new conveyancing clients who instruct our property team, along with a video, for which the link can be found here.
The guide provides for a comprehensive insight into the conveyancing process and allows clients to understand where exactly within the guide their matter is at, at any one given time. The guide has been comprised by our specialist property solicitors, who know the conveyancing process like the back of their hand, therefore, who better to formulate the guide?
The guide makes reference to a number of considerations that comprise a checklist in helping individuals choose the best conveyancer for them. These include the following, as examples:
- Price: Prospective clients should be made aware of the total price from the outset. At MG Legal, our solicitors provide fixed-fee quotes that are inclusive of all fees and disbursements, inclusive of VAT, that would be payable from the outset. This way, clients have a clear understanding of the fees and are not going to be landed with unexpected fees to pay upon Completion of their matter.
- Reviews: There is clear emphasis placed upon the reviews that the law firm has. Prospective clients are advised to check the online reviews of the solicitors and their work. At MG Legal, our reviews are nothing less than glowing and reflect the positive experiences that our happy clients have had with our conveyancing solicitors.
- A face to the name: The guide asks individuals to consider whether they will have a named contact at the law firm, and will they be available for face to face appointments. At MG Legal, our clients have the reassurance that they will have one main point of contact whom will have conduct of their file from start to finish; a solicitor that understands their needs and has the specialist ability to meet these needs. We are a small high-street firm which gives us our friendly and approachable edge within our team. We have three offices and our property solicitors work between offices for appointments, allowing our valued clients the opportunity to put a face to the name.
- Regulatory Body: The guide goes on to discuss the importance of ensuring the firm are appropriately regulated. MG Legal are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority whom implement strict guidelines that are to be followed, to ensure the level of service and quality our solicitors in Preston deliver. In addition, MG Legal are a CQS accredited firm, this accreditation gives us a mark of excellence under the Conveyancing Quality Scheme. More information in respect of the accreditation can be found in our blog.
- Hidden Extras: Whilst the above are all, of course, of extreme importance, the guide places a large focus on hidden extras, and ensuring that no there are to be no additional fees faced at a later date, that are not disclosed within the initial quote. Our conveyancing solicitors provide competitive, but honest, quotes that include all fees and disbursements payable. Our team will not surprise you with any hidden extras, nor will we trouble you with any unnecessary fees such as a ‘Stamp Duty Land Tax Return Fee’ or ‘ID Check Fee’.
As you will see, the guide makes provision for a number of items that should be considered. Of course, we are going to say our team are the best, but don’t believe us? See our reviews, here. As you will see, our reviews speak for themselves, so why not contact our team of solicitors in Preston today for a quote for our fees today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MG Legal - Your Local Solicitors
Tagged as: Conveyancing Solicitors, Conveyancing Solicitors Preston, Property Law, Solicitors in Lancaster, Your Local Solicitors
Share this post: