Longridge: 01772 783314 | Garstang: 01995 602129 | Lancaster: 01524 581306 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

Trip and Fall compensation claims. 

The world is a busy place, with all sorts of different places where you or your loved ones can be injured.  
If you, or a member of your family have tripped, slipped or fallen and suffered a personal injury at work, or in a public place, such as a supermarket, park, play area or just outside on the pavement, then help is at hand.  
Contact MG Legal’s specialist personal injury solicitors and we will give you an instant decision on your personal injury compensation claim, in a no-obligation initial discussion. 
Our personal injury solicitors are experts in public injury compensation claims, and accept all personal injury cases, on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.  

 MG Legal’s expert personal injury solicitors have a success rate in excess of 99%, and settle many thousands of personal injury claims every year. Click below to learn more about our team, and why they are the right solicitors for you.  


Can I make a claim for falling or tripping in a public place? 

The person who owns the area, or who is in occupation of the area you are walking at the time, is responsible for making sure that you are able to walk through the area safely. So if you’ve had a fall, tripped or slipped in a public place, and been injured in the last three years, MG Legal can help you get the personal injury compensation you deserve, on a no win no fee basis. 
Our personal injury solicitors are leading experts in no win no fee personal injury claims that happen in public places.  
The following are some of the most common places people suffer personal injuries as a result of a trip, slip or fall.  

Have you been injured in the last three years? 

Get in touch today to start your claim for personal injury compensation 
MG Legal accept all Personal Injury Compensation claims on a "No Win, No Fee" basis and have a success rate of over 99% 

What type of injuries are caused by trips, slips and falls? 

Depending on how and where the injury was caused, the injuries can be anywhere on your body, and be minor soft tissue whiplash type injuries from a jolting fall, to much more serious injuries including serious head injuries after falling down stairs, or falling over an uneven surface. Dental injuries are often an unfortunate injury, suffered by those who have fallen, slipped or tripped, with bruises, cuts, lumps and bumps on bottoms and elbows, being a very common injury for those who have slipped on spillages or down open manholes. Often, MG Legal’s personal injury solicitors handle personal injury cases where a client has suffered broken bones, whiplash injuries and cuts and bruises. Over the past 10 years, MG Legal’s personal injury solicitors have won tens of millions pounds of personal injuy compensation for clients who have suffered every type of injury you can think of. Some of the most common injuries are listed below. 
Get in touch with our friendly team of personal injury experts, if you have suffered a personal injury as a result of a trip slip or fall, and someone else was to blame, MG Legal’s team of expert personal injury solicitors will walk you through the process of making a claim for personal injury, with no obligation to instruct us, and at no cost to yourself. Our personal injury solicitors are experts in their field, and have successfully settled more than 99% of all Personal Injury Compensation Claims, accepted on a no win no fee basis. 

How much compensation will I receive if I am injured as a result of an injury caused after a slip, trip or fall? 

The big question, and the one we all want to know the answer to.  
The amount of compensation you will receive all depends on how you were injured, and how the injuries have affected your life. Any personal injury claim is a claim for pain, suffering and loss of amenity, thus meaning that every single person, may suffer differently even though they have sustained the same injury. Subject to this, the amount of personal injury compensation each injured person receives would reflect their own circumstances, and be different. 
If you have been injured, and have ongoing losses, for example, if you are injured and unable to carry on working MG Legal can request an interim payment from your employer’s insurers, enabling you to recover, without facing the stress of not being able to pay your monthly bills. 
See our personal injury compensation calculator here, for rough figures, that do not include any claims for loss of earnings, medical care and attention, housing renovations, or loss of things like congenial employment. Every one of MG Legal’s clients are different, the injuries the sustain vary, as do the effects on their lives. From injuries to the head, neck and upper body, or being crushed; personal injury compensation, often called general damages, is based upon the nature and severity of the injuries sustained, and to the area of the body affected. Every one of us is different, and can sustain different injuries on public transport.  
MG Legal’s expert team of personal injury solicitors value all personal injury claims with reference to the 15th edition of the Judicial Studies Board Guidelines, and then research every client’s individual circumstances, so they receive the maximum personal injury compensation they deserve. If you are intending to claim expenses as part of your public liability compensation claim, such as prescription costs and travelling expenses for treatment, remember to keep receipts as evidence. 

I’ve had an accident in a public place what evidence of my accident do I need? 

MG Legal’s personal injury solicitors have won over 99% of the public liability claims we accept on a no win no fee basis.  
To make a successful public liability compensation claim, you will need to prove that another party was responsible for your injury. Below is a guide of the evidence that will help your claim succeed: 
Take photographs and videos of the area where the accident happened 
If you have tripped or fallen on a poorly maintained pavement or flags, use a 50p piece as a marker of the size of the defect. Lay the 50p in the defect, and then take a photograph. 
If possible, use a copy of that day’s newspaper, and place it next to the defect, clearly showing the date of the newspaper, and helping to evidence the date of your accident. 
Witnesses are always important, so ask anybody who saw the accident for their telephone number, email address or Facebook details. 
Report your tripping or falling accident to the landowner, their employees, or anyone in occupancy of the land at the time. 
Ask the landowner if they have any CCTV, and if the recording shows your tripping of slipping accident 

How long do I have to make a claim? 

Subject to the Limitation Act 1980, if you have suffered personal injury in a public place, you have three years to pursue a claim for compensation. There are exceptions, for those under 18 years old at time of the injury, in that minors have three years from their 18th birthday within which to make a personal injury claim. Time limits may differ if you are acting on behalf of someone with limited mental capacity, if you are acting as guardian or subject a lasting power of attorney. If you have any questions or queries, then please do not hesitate to contact one of MG Legal’s personal injury experts, here… 

Why choose MG Legal if I have been injured after a trip, slip or fall? 

MG Legal are specialists in personal injury, and injuries for accidents in public places. Our expert solicitors accept all personal injury claims, on a no-win no fee basis, and we have a success rate for obtaining personal injury compensation for our clients, in excess of 99%. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings