Longridge: 01772 783314 | Garstang: 01995 602129 | Lancaster: 01524 581306 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

I want to contest a Will. How can I stop probate? 

If you want to stop probate, you can place something called a ‘caveat’ against the estate, which will stop probate being applied for, until any dispute is finalised. 
The cost of applying for this with the Court is £3.00, but it is always recommended to consult a local solicitor before making this application, as you will need to try and resolve matters within six months, before the caveat ends (although, you can usually apply to enter another caveat). 
As usual, if you have any questions or queries, and need the best legal advice, then please do not hesitate to contact your local office. We have offices, in Lancaster, Longridge, and Garstang, and home visits are available, upon request. 

Get in touch and talk to a wills and trusts expert today. 

MG Legal's expert private client solicitors are experienced in dealing with all aspects of wills, trusts, lasting powers of administration, probate matters and estate administration.  

Why choose MG Legal? 

With a no-nonsense, pragmatic approach, our expert team are experienced in drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Deputyship Applications, as well as in dealing with the administration of estates and obtaining Grants of Probate.  
Our solicitors offer the best advice, with transparent fees, and home visits available, upon request. 
MG Legal- your local solicitors. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings