MG Legal Solicitors 
Longridge: 01772 783314 Garstang: 01995 602129 Lancaster: 01524 581306 Lytham: 01253 202452  

How do I sign the TR1? 

Once you have sought the necessary legal advice, and are satisfied with signing and agreeing to the transfer, you can proceed with executing the TR1. Before doing so, you should ensure that all details noted thereon are accurate and correct, such as checking the spelling of your name, the property address and the agreed consideration. 
On the last page of the deed, there is a dedicated execution clause, where all parties will be required to sign. You should sign in the space, where indicated, being careful not to sign over any indicating markers. You should sign the document in the presence of an independent witness, who should also mark their signature, print their name and mark their address, in the space provided. The witness should be a totally independent individual, over the age of 18, and should have no interest in the transaction, nor should they be residing at the same address as you. Should you wish to attend one of our offices our team would be glad to assist and act as witness for you, when signing. 

Get in touch and talk to an expert property conveyancing solicitor today. 

MG Legal's expert property solicitors are experienced in dealing with all aspects of residential and commercial property sales and purchases. 
Our property solicitors understand that buying or selling a property is an extremely exciting time, but can also become overwhelming. Keep the process hassle-free, and leave the conveyancing to our conveyancing experts, who will guide you through the process in a no-nonsense way. 
MG Legal allow you to focus on the excitement of your new home, with the help of our friendly team who work with you, not just for you. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings