Longridge: 01772 783314 | Garstang: 01995 602129 | Lancaster: 01524 581306 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

Electrical and plumbing accident and injury solicitors 

Electrical and Plumbing personal injury accidents can be some of the most serious, yet preventable, in the workplace.  
If you suffer any kind of injury that was as a result of an electrical or plumbing incident, due to someone else’s negligence, you are likely entitled to make a claim for personal injury.  
Contact MG Legal’s expert accident in the workplace personal injury solicitors to see how we can help you, all on a no win no fee basis. 

 MG Legal’s expert personal injury solicitors have a success rate in excess of 99%, and settle many thousands of personal injury claims every year. Click below to learn more about our team, and why they are the right solicitors for you.  


What type of jobs lead to plumbing injuries in the workplace? 

As with electrical injuries, the most likely victims of plumbing injuries are those in the plumbing profession, however, this does not mean you cannot suffer a plumbing related injury in any job. Some of these roles are as follows: 
• Plumbers and similarly tasked maintenance staff 
• Workers in water treatment plants 
• Hydro-electric plant workers 
• Food industry workers 
• Sports centre and swimming pool staff 
• Construction workers working on sites with incomplete plumbing 
• Cleaning and caretaker staff, who often are the first called to the site  
of a spillage, burst pipe or leak. 
• Shop and office staff, who again are often the first to be on the scene of  
and/or tasked with cleaning up any leaks or spills 
As with the electrical injuries above, there is no limit on your role or ability to claim. If you have been injured at work as a result of someone else’s negligence, you are likely to be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation and also for other losses. 

Have you been injured in the last three years? 

Get in touch today to start your claim for personal injury compensation 
MG Legal accept all Personal Injury Compensation claims on a "No Win, No Fee" basis and have a success rate of over 99% 

What type of jobs lead to electrical injuries in the workplace? 

The most common source of electrical injuries comes, understandably, from people who work in the field of electrics and electricity. However, wherever you work, there is likely to be some form of electricity and a number of electrical appliances, whether they are machines you directly work with or general items, such as the office kettle, photocopier, or 'phone cables. Some professions have more likely dangers, either due to the proximity and regularity of their work with electricity, or the fact that they work in a high risk environment. These can include: 
Electricians and those contracted or employed to maintain electrical appliances 
People in the construction industry, where electrical work if often unfinished or where high powered tools are used 
Hairdressers and beauty salon workers, who work with a combination of handheld items in close proximity to water 
People who deal with fitting or maintaining lighting 
Kitchen staff, who have to use a variety of electrical machinery in a high pressure environment, often with wet or damp hands. 
General Maintenance workers, who are often the first port-of-call for workplaces when items malfunction 
Cleaners, who must use water and other liquids around the workplace 
Hospital staff who work with numerous electrical appliances and equipment 
Shop staff who have a variety of roles, many of which can involve electrical items depending on their department but also come into contact with electrical appliances during their day, especially supermarket workers. 
Office workers, where on a daily basis you will come into contact with your computer, printer, shredder, kettle, lighting etc. 
Whatever your profession, it is never acceptable for your employer to leave you at risk of electrical injury and so whatever your job, if you are injured and your employer could have foreseeably prevented your electrical shock, you are likely able to make a claim for personal injury and associated losses. 

What type of injuries are most common? 

There are a variety of injuries that can occur in plumbing and electrical work accidents, although some of the more common ones are detailed below: 
Burns, whether from hot water, chemicals or electrical shocks; 
Falls from heights, often plumbing and electrics are high up and an incident can often cause a subsequent fall from the top of a platform or ladder; 
Eye injuries, whether from hot water, bacteria or foreign body injuries; 
Asbestos injuries, whilst it is diminishing, asbestos is still present in many properties and it is often plumbers and electricians or similar maintenance workers who find it first; 
Tool injuries, whether from power tools or hand tools these can be injuries because of faulty equipment, inadequate training or improper use or lack of care by other employees; 
Hearing loss, if you are working in a noisy environment, you are entitled to ear protection to prevent damage to your hearing; 
RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), this is often suffered by people who perform the same tasks multiple times per day, or who use power tools regularly; 
Cuts, lacerations and scarring, often working with electrics or plumbing can involve sharp tools, dangerous appliances and contact with broken equipment, all of which can cause deep, damaging cuts that can ultimately scar; 
Crush injuries, working with machinery or in a busy environment can often lead to fingers, hands, feet, legs or other body parts being crushed if there is not safe system of work or personal protective equipment (PPE) provided; 
Whilst above lists the most common type of injuries, MG Legal’s specialise personal injury solicitors see a variety of injuries, caused by a variety of incidents and we know that no one case is exactly the same as any other. With this in mind, if you believe your injures was caused by negligence on the part of someone else, get in touch with our expert accident at work personal injury solicitors for a no-nonsense, no obligation discussion about how we can help you, all on a no win , no fee basis. 

How does medical evidence prove I was injured at work? 

Once your dedicated solicitor has secured an admission of liability, they will set about finding a suitable medical expert to produce a medical report which summarises your injuries. The report, which will detail the type of injuries you have suffered, their effects on your life, your estimated recovery time and any long term effects, will then be used to value your personal injury compensation, also known as General Damages. We will use, firstly, a book called the Judicial Studies Board Guidelines (JSB) a first-port-of-call reference book use by personal injury solicitors, barristers and judges, alike. After that, if agreement cannot be reached, case-law and finally, the county court, can be used to settle disputes between parties. If we are being honest, county court is a last resort, as the negotiation skills of our personal injury solicitors usually ensure an excelled settlement for our client, well before court proceedings are necessary.  
Additionally, your specialist personal injury solicitor will ensure that your claim comprehensively details any financial losses, also known as Special Damages. When your claim settles, our aim is to see all of your losses recovered in full, plus a proper award for your personal injury, so that you can then move forward and put the incident behind you, as best as you can. 
See a full overview of general and special damages, as well as the differences between them, here. 

What kind of financial losses can you claim in an electrical or plumbing personal injury claim? 

As detailed above, in addition to compensation for your personal injury, you are entitled to claim for other financial losses, known as Special Damages, which commonly include the following: 
Lost Earnings: Any time off work following the incident, either as a direct result of your injuries or future absences due to the injuries you have sustained, can be included in a claim against the fault party. 
Treatment Costs: Treatment which improves your prospects of recovery can be included in your claim for damages. Commonly this is in the form of physiotherapy or other treatments, but can extend to any recognised medical treatment which is recommended to improve your recovery. 
Care Costs: This includes direct care, such as a relative, friend or professional looking after you whilst you are recovering but also for performing other tasks such as shopping, gardening or cleaning until you are able to do so yourself again. 
Travel or Transport Costs: If you need to go to appointments or for treatment, you can claim for the cost of the attendance such as mileage, parking costs etc. Alternatively, if you utilise public transport including taxis you can include the fares in your claim. 
Future adaptations/needs: Should your injury be more severe, or require longer term treatment, you can include this in your claim. Examples include simple items such as, say, insoles for your shoes or costs of camouflage treatment for minor scars up to major adaptations such as fitting stair lifts or modifying/replacing your car. 
These are any other losses you believe have been caused by any personal injury can be included in your claim. Speak to our friendly personal injury solicitor at MG Legal to discuss all potential options and we will ensure that the maximum possible compensation is recovered for you.  

How long have I got to make a claim? 

Subject to the Limitation Act 1980, if you have been injured as a result an incident involving a plumbing or electrical incident, you have three years to pursue a claim for personal injury. There are exceptions, for those under 18 years old at time of the injury, in that minors have three years from their 18th birthday within which to make a personal injury claim. Time limits may differ if you are acting on behalf of someone with limited mental capacity, if you are acting as guardian or subject a lasting power of attorney. If you have any questions or queries, then please do not hesitate to contact one of MG Legal’s personal injury experts for further advice. 

Why choose MG Legal for my electrical or plumbing personal injury claim? 

At MG Legal, our personal injury solicitors take a genuine interest in each and every one of our personal injury matters. Our team is well versed in the ‘small-print’ within the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002 or the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 for employees, as well as having extensive experience of dealing with all types of injury and settling claims successfully at all stages of the process. We believe that our confidence in our own ability is demonstrated by the fact that every personal injury claim we accept is on the basis of a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as a no win no fee agreement, which means that if we do not succeed for our client, we do not get paid for our work. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings