Longridge: 01772 783314 | Garstang: 01995 602129 | Lancaster: 01524 581306 
Longridge: 01772 783 314 
Garstang: 01995 602 129 
Lancaster: 01524 581 306 

Can Executors act who live abroad? 

If you are appointed as the Executor of a person’s Will and you live abroad, theoretically, you can still deal with their Estate. However, practically, you may find it best to appoint Probate Solicitors to deal with the majority of affairs on your behalf. 
When you are an Executor of a Will, depending on the size of the deceased’s Estate, you may need to obtain Probate, close bank accounts, pay any liabilities or debts, arrange the funeral, sell a property, distribute the deceased’s personal possessions, as well as many other possible jobs. Whilst you could be in charge of how and when these happen, appointing a solicitor could prevent you from needing to make countless journeys to and from the deceased’s home; the Probate solicitors would carry out the tasks (or instruct someone to carry them out, depending on what needed completing), to finalise the deceased’s Estate. And, you do not need to worry about incurring legal fees: as an Executor, you are entitled to incur reasonable legal expenses to help finalise the deceased’s affairs. 

Get in touch and talk to a wills and trusts expert today. 

MG Legal's expert private client solicitors are experienced in dealing with all aspects of wills, trusts, lasting powers of administration, probate matters and estate administration.  

Why choose MG Legal? 

With a no-nonsense, pragmatic approach, our expert team are experienced in drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Deputyship Applications, as well as in dealing with the administration of estates and obtaining Grants of Probate. 
In an increasingly impersonal market, MG Legal's friendly, expert team provide sound legal advice and all at an affordable fixed cost.  
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings