Commercial Property conveyancing solicitors near you.
MG Legal's highly-experienced property law solicitors know which questions to ask to ensure that you have the information you need to be satisfied that you are making the right choice in your commercial property purchase.
When you instruct MG Legal for your commercial property purchase, we are with you every step of the way- From the initial property searches, through to completion, our experts will be with you, and most importantly, here when you need to speak to us.
Stages of buying a commercial property.
1. Once you have found a commercial property you wish to purchase, you will need to make a written offer to the Vendor or the Vendor’s Commercial Estate Agent. Read our 10 Tips for Buying your first Commercial Property.
2. Remember that you should only make an offer, once you know how you will fund the purchase.
3. If you offer is accepted, you should look to request that the property is removed from the market.
4. Instruct MG Legal. Your property solicitor at MG Legal will send you various documentation, which you will need to sign and return. If you are buying a commercial property in the name of a company then the Solicitor will act for the Company rather than you as an individual.
5. A sale agreement with the main points of the sale agreement will be drafted once your offer has been lodged and accepted. This is called the Heads of Sale agreement.
6. Your property solicitor at MG Legal will investigate the title of the commercial property and arrange the pre-contract searches.
7. On the back of these investigations, your solicitor will raise any necessary enquiries that have appeared as a result of the Searches, the title and the CPSE Enquiries (Commercial Property Standard Enquiries). Along with the Enquiries, the Solicitor will draft a Transfer and if you are obtaining Mortgage Finance the Mortgage Offer will be checked.
8. VAT may also need to be considered for commercial transactions.
9. If the property is not Freehold, your solicitor will consider the Lease Terms or the Property and raised enquiries with the Landlord.
10. Once all issues and enquiries are resolved, a report letter will be sent to you along with all the documentation that will require your signature.
11. When your property solicitor has all your signed documents and cleared deposit funds, then you can look to begin to set dates for exchange of contracts and completion.
12. When the contracts have been exchanged the transaction will be deemed legally binding.
13. Your property solicitor will provide you with a financial statement to enable you to provide the balance monies in order to complete.
14. On Completion, Stamp Duty will be paid and the transaction will be registered with the Land Registry.